Sunday, March 22, 2009

Mark Warnock




So here he is. Mark Warnock, from Portadown in Northern Ireland. A real gentleman and a true friend. And a pretty useful climber too.



Thanks Mark, for not giving up on me, for putting up with my whinging, for those times you've fetched the packs from up a slope after we've come down another way, and I've been too wrecked to move another inch. For not getting annoyed when I ask you to repeat yourself because your broad accent is too difficult sometimes for my South African ears. For dragging me (literally) up many routes the last two years. If I carry on climbing, and don't give it up, it'll be because of you, and those like you whom I've climbed with over the years. You know who you are.

And here is the lovely Claire Warnock, with Ellie (2). There's another Warnock on the way too, congratulations guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment